When your commercial roofing system needs repair or replacement, businesses trust the professionals at Centennial Construction to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Whether your roof requires replacement or you have storm damage, we can help. We are certified to install, maintain, repair, and replace low-slope, “single-ply,” and steep-slope roofing systems.
Low-Slope Roofing Systems
Single Ply Roofing
This wide-width sheeting is meant for low-slope roofs. Single-ply roofing has fewer seams and is easy to install, and it is applied in one layer comprised of sheets of rubber and other synthetic materials. Single-ply roofing can be adhered to your roof using heat or solvent welding or attached using seam tape or other adhesives.
Assemblies for Single Ply
1. Ballasted – good choice for large, open roofs
2. Fully-Adhered – a good choice for high wind and high elevation areas
3. Mechanically-Fastened – this system is lightweight and easy to maintain
4. Metal Retrofit – encases an existing, worn metal roof
5. Partially Adhered – use urethane adhesives in a ribbon attachment. Not be suitable in high wind areas.
TPO, or Thermoplastic Polyolefin
These commercial roofing products are made up of a single layer of synthetics and reinforcing scrim used to cover flat roofs. TPO is the most economical choice in heat-weldable membranes.
• They have a white reflective surface that reduces cooling costs
• Environmentally friendly and produce no dioxins or chlorine
• Come in a variety of thicknesses and roll widths
Thermoset EPDM Roof Membrane
EPDM (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) rubber roofing membranes are a top choice for new and replacement commercial roofing projects.
• Longterm strength and durability
• high resistance to ozone, weathering, and abrasion
• High resistance to wind damage
• Black surface assists in snowmelt and absorbs heat in colder climates
• Elasticity is good for freeze/thaw and hail conditions
• Easy to install without electric-powered tools
• Ultraviolet radiation resistance
Built-Up Roofing (BUR)
This method of roofing system has been around for over 100 years. It comprises many different layers of materials “built up” to create a durable and long-lasting roofing system that protects against high traffic and harsh weather conditions.
• Energy-efficient, high ultraviolet (UV) protection
• Excellent waterproofing
• Low maintenance
• Affordable and easy to install
Steep-Slope Roofing Systems
Commercial Metal Roofing
Metal roofing systems are durable, long-lasting, and affordable choices. Metal roofs can last 60 or more years with minimal maintenance or repairs.
• Can withstand wind gusts up to 140 miles per hour
• Will not corrode or crack due to seasonal weather
• Provides fire resistance
• Energy-efficient, reducing cooling costs by 10-25%
Standing Seam Metal Roofs
Panel seams are attached to a solid roof deck or open framing using concealed clips or flanges.
Exposed Fastener Panels
This is the most economical metal roof option for commercial applications. Overlapping panels are installed directly to the roof deck or wall framing, and unlike the standing seam metal roofs, the fasteners are exposed through the face of the metal.
These metal roofs are installed over existing roofing systems for either metal-over-metal or metal-over-shingles retrofits.
Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Asphalt roofing shingles are a cost-effective and popular type of steep-slope commercial roofing that comes in organic and glass fiber shingles.
You may be able to avoid a high-cost roof replacement by extending the life of your roof with a roof coating. Roof coatings can extend the life of your roof, and roof coatings can be applied to both flat, “low-slope,” and “steep-slope” roofs.
Flat Roof Membrane Coatings
• Extends the life of EPDM or rubber roof membranes
• Stops leaks, seal seams and patches and creates a continuous waterproof barrier
• Reduced energy bills
• Stand up to foot traffic
• UV resistant
Metal Roof Coatings
• Used on standing seam, metal tile, or corrugated metal roofs
• Create a reflective barrier that keeps inside temperatures comfortable
• Saves on HVAC bills
Commercial Roof Repair & Maintenance
Your building is exposed to the elements every day, and every time there is a storm or high winds, your roof can be damaged. Routine inspection, maintenance, and repair of your building’s roofing system will protect your investment and extend the life of your roofing system. Centennial Construction’s roofing professionals can inspect, maintain, and make repairs to keep your roofing in optimum condition.
We also offer many other construction services, including seamless gutter installation, exterior siding replacement, exterior painting, and door and window replacements.
Call Us Today!
Whether your commercial business needs maintenance, repair, or a complete roof replacement, Centennial Construction can help. We have extensive experience with low-slope and steep-slope roofing systems and can help you make the best decision to fit your needs.
Call us today at 615-278-6600.