Centennial Construction witnesses firsthand the damage fires can do to a roof. We want everyone in Oak Hill to have a fire-damage-free summer season. Here are some tips for protecting your roof from fire damage from the National Fire Protection Association:
The home and the area 0-5’ from the furthest attached exterior point of the home; defined as a non-combustible area. START WITH THE HOUSE ITSELF, then move into the landscaping section of the Immediate Zone.
- Clean roofs and gutters of dead leaves, debris, and pine needles that could catch embers
- Replace or repair any loose or missing shingles or roof tiles to prevent ember penetration
- Reduce embers that could pass through vents in the eaves by installing 1/8 inch metal mesh screening
- Clean debris from exterior attic vents and install 1/8 inch metal mesh screening to reduce embers
- Repair or replace damaged or loose window screens and any broken windows. Screen or box-in areas below patios and decks with wire mesh to prevent debris and combustible materials from accumulating.
- Move any flammable material away from wall exteriors – mulch, flammable plants, leaves and needles, firewood piles – anything that can burn. Remove anything stored underneath decks or porches.
Centennial Construction specializes in residential and commercial roofing repair and replacement in Oak Hill. We hold the coveted, highest A+ Better Business Bureau rating. When you need help with fire or other roof damage, our team of licensed insurance adjusters and independently certified roof inspectors can assist you. Call us today at (615) 278-6600.